Principal, Alexander & Associates LLC
Bart works with senior leaders, teams and entire organizations to integrate corporate responsibility and sustainability into their purpose, strategy and culture. Many organizations have made a good start down this road, and now face financial and systemic challenges to get to the next level. Bart helps his clients to recognize fundamental issues and break through barriers, achieving common purpose, a trustworthy culture and sustainable results. Bart also works with high-potential employees and emerging leaders to develop their influence and success.
- Bart previously served as global Chief Corporate Responsibility Officer for Molson Coors Brewing Company. Under Bart’s leadership, Molson Coors was recognized as the most sustainable beverage company in the world by the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, a leader in climate change action by the Carbon Disclosure Project, a Newsweek Green sustainable company and a Top 100 Corporate Citizen by the CR Magazine.
- Prior to his corporate role, Bart served in senior public leadership roles in economic development, jobs programs and health and human services at the federal, state and local levels. His career was marked by leading reform and change, resulting in more efficient and effective programs. Bart led public-private collaboration in areas including economic development, education focused on job readiness, welfare-to-work, homebased care for children and elders and child welfare.
- Bart has served in leadership roles on global, national and local NGO boards promoting corporate responsibility, responsible use of alcohol, cross-cultural competency, employment, mediation, reduction of homelessness and youth development.
- In 2019, Bart received a Lifetime Achievement Award from Trust Across America, recognizing five consecutive years of being named one of America’s “top thought leaders in trust.”
- Bart was named a “Corporate Responsibility Superstar” by Corporate Responsibility Magazine in February 2017. Bart chairs the Professional Professional Development Thought Leadership Council for 3BL Association.
- Bart holds a MSc from the London School of Economics, a BA magna cum laude from Harvard College, and served as a senior Executive Fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School. He studied corporate social responsibility at the Harvard Business School and leadership at the Whidbey Institute. He is a guest lecturer and student mentor for Denver area graduate business schools.
- Bart is married to Joan H. Alexander, an executive coach and change management consultant with whom he founded Alexander & Associates LLC. He is the proud father of a college senior.