Does your team regularly turn to you for the answers? Do you find that you are again trying to solve what is essentially the same problem you thought was resolved? Do you wonder what it could be like to address the underlying issues that are both uncertain and uncomfortable to even think about?
Whether you are on the board, in senior leadership or management, your situation is not uncommon. Individuals and groups are trained to plan and execute actions that predictably will show a good return. They turn to those in authority for clearly articulated plans and direction. Yet there are uncertainties and underlying issues that are seldom articulated or even understood. The best laid plans may go awry resulting in sub-optimal or even failed outcomes.
Individuals at any level of the organization can lead, but many lack the self-knowledge and skills to effectively engage others in the work. Adaptive leadership provides a framework for diagnosing issues, engaging all relevant stakeholders and effectively addressing chronic and seemingly intractable problems.
Regardless of your level in the organization, Alexander & Associates LLC will help you to become an effective adaptive leader. You will learn to:
- Understand your own leadership style and the styles of others
- Diagnose the current situation in your organization
- Map your internal and external stakeholders and their expectations
- Distinguish which issues can be fixed by the right experts, and which do not have easy answers
- Create environments where the right people are engaged in the right issues over time
- Experiment with approaches that have acceptable risk and provide insights
- Celebrate success and learn from failures